google-site-verification: googleda3e967cd2e90366.html

PictureFanny Renoir outside Caffe Triest - North Beach, SF 2016
Fanny Renoir's childhood was spent wandering among Humboldt County's giant redwoods, reading Marcel Proust and chasing rainbows in search of elusive pots of gold.

Fanny attempted to live a conventional life, but the temptation of the hippie movement finally caught up with her in 1971 when she stood on the side of the road with her thumb out to hitchhike around America. Fanny's road and acid trips took her to an ashram in Tuscon, a Pensacola police station, Nashville night clubs and even a short stay at Ken Kesey's Oregon farm.

Setting out looking for signs along the "Hippie Trail" Fanny took the road less traveled in search of enlightenment only to encounter beautiful souls and a few sadistic psychos - she discovered that being on the road could be both happy and harrowing.

Following her dream of being a writer, poet and artist, Fanny eventually made her way to San Francisco's North Beach and soon found a home, literally and figuratively, at the famed Caffe Triest. Thirty-Two years later, she's a neighborhood fixture and can often be found hosting art and music shows, or holding court at the Caffe with a cadre of artistic souls and neighborhood eccentrics.

Despite being in the neighborhood for seven years, our paths would often cross, but only recently did we meet for the very first time. Now, in this episode of the Passport Podcast, Fanny shares her remarkable story with us, and it's truly an enlightening adventure.

Please listen, comment, like and share this episode of the Passport Podcast.

Picture
Click for iTunes

Comments

Agneta Falk
06/07/2016 12:55am

06/27/2016 12:07am

It is a must to read Fanny Renoir. When reading, our minds are taken into a foreign land where are beliefs are challenged. Reinforcing our fiercely-guarded beliefs is remote when reading a story from a brilliant writer. The ability to help picture a different world and give rise to interesting characters is a trademark of brilliance. Hopefully, more writers develop their storytelling skills to further challenge their readers.

01/25/2017 3:53am

Well I really love reading both books and different stories online. Sometimes when searching for a book or a story it is more easy to recognize a good and worth of reading one by knowing each writer realistically. I am fascinated and amazed how they brought their imaginations into writing a very wonderful story. You are challenged to more being imaginative seeing things mentioned in the story and surprisingly captivated our hearts and minds. With Fanny Renoir style, you will discover many things and loving the way how she described each situations and enable to motivate us to read more.

08/23/2016 5:13am

watch all HD movies and TV shows too for free on your smartphone. download app for free

A truly enlightening and inspiring story. Fanny is such a great adventurer and talented one who is generous enough sharing her thoughts and experiences here. What a brilliant ideas and learning many things from her struggles and experiences did challenging mindset and perspective in life. How I wish I could earn so much courage and strength what Fanny has. I definitely believe you have a very beautiful soul and such story is a must thing to share!

06/16/2016 9:11pm

No wonder she looks so happy. Compared to her, my life is just a series of monotonous events. But we were told that if you don't live a life you're proud of, have the courage to start over again right? Fanny Renoir is a living proof of what living life to the fullest means. The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

Thanks for posting this episode. I like your podcast.

Keith B.
07/15/2016 9:06am

Thank you for listening to the podcast and I'm glad you are enjoying.

07/18/2016 9:51am

As many people said here, I am also really impressed with the way you write this topic. Great Job.

07/24/2016 6:27pm

Never found such issue before. Thanks you've told us today.

07/25/2016 6:31am

This is fantastic! It really shows to me where to amplify my online diary. I construe that sooner or later on I might endeavor to make a book to oblige my web diary, yet we will see.Good post with supportive tips and contemplations.

Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site.

08/02/2016 5:29am

Amazingly raising to get a couple answers concerning some individual hunting down after their dream and observing the chance to be useful as opposed to taking after the routine path.I have investigated your article about honest to goodness estate.I trust it's awesome. I am incredibly Impressed to Know your affiliation Thanks for offer this Information. distinctive people like it .

08/04/2016 8:11am

Before I express my gratitude to say his first reason why I say thank you. The article shering father in the father's blog is really very interesting and can give a deeper insight. Ahead of his articles may be further increased its quality and able to provide even more benefits.

08/08/2016 3:43am

My Self Roshani Khanna From Aerocity. I am one of the Super Model in Aerocity Providing Dating Services.

I must say as i find a nice article to read and most of the website you have listed are most popular ones. might you have researched a lot,thanks for contributing nice information.

We have been amazingly satisfied moreover ecstatic turning into taking in people web page, you can be amazingly practiced using this type of area, My, individual loved one along with my family in addition to we amazingly relevance

08/19/2016 2:19pm

The actual wife or husband as well as the husband or wife in addition to we sometimes opt to totally such as simply such as less than fortunate saataku daily at the moment, with more hand, that you are incredibly non-traditional hiring showcasing benefits to your account.

08/19/2016 3:11pm

Such as the merchandise got effortlessly in a single personal credit card debt that's not thought, buying and selling domains delight in check into your internet site the very first time by yourself web page site.

Video teaching class is an impressive idea for teaching students about new writing techniques. Anyone can take help of a online teaching website and can learn different methods to improve their writing skills.

08/24/2016 6:16am

Wow! Great news. Adding this to my list of places to visit.

08/26/2016 5:30am

A fruitful author must center to hold their clients the length of they can. Your fruitful rate must be all the more then 75% to hold your customers. This is going to show nature of work and your ability to execute a written work task.

09/01/2016 2:49am

The theme of the entry is drawing all the thought. This is new for me and also differing to look. Essayist used his master authority as demonstrated by the subject and made this article discernable and critical.

You put really very helpful information.

One of my friend suggest me this site and I like it a lot. Post is really very good and inspiring for everyone.

10/01/2016 3:22pm

I personally have been quite happy with what I have read here, his articles have enough quality and quite helpful.

10/07/2016 4:20am

Articles of interest can certainly make his readers was, his example as I see in this yard, I was quite helpful at all, thank you sir.

Thanks.

11/04/2016 7:19am

Good Job. Post very nicely written, and it contains useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

11/04/2016 10:58pm

I am John, how are you everyone? This article posted at this site is decent

Brilliant very exciting article, I definitely like what shering comrades on this page.

12/17/2016 5:14pm

Some guys will have different opinion than what has been said here.

Awesome work you have done here, I am very happy to read this nice post. You are a great writer and give us much information.